Update: The balloon payload has been recovered!
Many assembled to watch the liftoff of the latest HAB created by John Gorkos, AB0OO on that Saturday morning. The balloon and its payload landed just short of the NC State line. Pictures of the balloon and the flight information can be found here.
Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago at 5:21 pm.
Here is a short list of activities and events planned for the rest of this year:
- October 15-22: Mozambique, C82DX will be on the air! SARA club Member Wey Walker, K8EAB, is there with a crack team of other famous DXers. More info
- October 15-22: CQWW – Phone (CQ WorldWide) – This annual SSB contest, held every October is one not to miss. More info
- October 28: The Forsyth County ARES Meeting will be held at the Cumming Police Station. More info
- November 2-3: The Stone Mountain Hamfest is the largest Hamfest in all of Georgia. It is held at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds, 2405 Sugarloaf Parkway in Lawrenceville.The weather was perfect last year. Will we be lucky again? More info
- November 9th: HamJam 2013, sponsored by the North Fulton Amateur Radio League and the Southeastern DX Club, will take place from 8 AM until 1 PM at the Metropolitan Club, 5895 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, GA. This FREE event features excellent presentations and is well attended each year. More info
- November 23-24: CQWW – CW (CQ WorldWide) – This is the annual Morse Code contest for CQWW. Go ahead and sharpen up that CW now and be ready. More info
New courses are forming now! For full details on our courses please click here.
- Our annual fall Technician License Course has filled up and began on October 1st under the guidance of John Munday, K4JNM
- As always, General License Course lead by John Dabney, NJ4CD, and Jack Fisher, KC4I and John DeHart, K1VBM is scheduled to start on January 14, 2014. If you know anyone who wants to upgrade their license, please click here.
- A Testing Session for all classes of licenses will be conducted on a Saturday at the conclusion of each of our courses- in November and February 2014. The testing sessions are open to any prospective HAM or someone looking to upgrade their existing license. Details to follow.
Posted 3 months, 3 weeks ago at 6:01 pm.